What should be kept in mind about parent education programs?
- Parenting beliefs (seek out help but “I don’t wanting to change, but I want my kids to change”.)
- Program intensity/duration (Often not enough training/practice to have an effect.)
- Parent’s needs (lot of times parents have problems as well as children.)
- Personal factors (More like things that might impact parenting, basically what they bring to parenting.)
- Family stressors (Things that are going on around that may affect them. limited education, Their psychological factors, Domestic violence ,Family discord, Excessive punishment)
- Parental perceptions [Low-self efficacy (capacity to produce an effect); External locus of control. (Feel like it's up to other people or fate)]
- Environmental conditions (Stressful environment. Have fear. Issues of unemployment. Hardly have any good adult involved in ur life. If u're worried about survival, less likely to concentrate on changing)