Physics 17 Light and Color
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Since what people used the clear colorless glass to emit rainbow color?
Who tried to remove coloration seen through telescopes?
Facts about Newton
- Member of Royal Society of London
- Theory of light (copuscular theory)
- Debated with Robert Hooke
- Published optics 1704
- spectrum of colors
Recombining the colors of the spectrum to form white light
On a newton's disk the image of one color is seen and retained
What color light does the sun give off?
What are three ways in which light interacts with matter?
- Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet
- Roy gbv
Roy characteristics (3)
- Longer wavelength and low frequency
- least readily scattered
- least angle of refraction
GBV Characteristics (2)
- Short wavelength and high frequency
- Most readily scattered
What color is scattered the most?
single, infinitely, small particle
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview