NASM CPT Chpt 9 - Core Training Concepts
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Structures that make up the lumbo pelvic hip complex (LPHC), including the lumbar spine, the pelvic girdle, abdomen, and the hip joint.
The 3 systems the core is divided into are...?
- 1. Local Stabilization System
- 2. Global Stabilization System
- 3. Movement System
Local Stabilization System characteristics
- Muscles that attach directly to the vertebra
- Primarily type I (Slow-twitch)
- Primary Muscles: Transverse Abdominis / Internal Obliques / Multifidus / Pelvic Floor Musculature / Diaphragm
Global Stabilization System characteristics
- Muscles that attach from the pelvis to the spine
- Primary Muscles: Quadratus Lumborum / Psoas Major / External Obliques / Portions of the Internal Obliques / Rectus Abdominus / Gluteus Medius / Adductor Complex
Movement System characteristics
- Muscles that attach the spine and/or pelvis to the extremities
- Primary Muscles: Lats / Hip Flexors / Hamstring Complex / Quadriceps
- 1. Marching
- 2. Floor Bridge
- 3. Floor Prone Cobra
- 4. Prone Iso-ab
- 1. Ball Crunch
- 2. Back Extensions
- 3. Reverse Crunch
- 4. Cable Rotations
- 1. Rotation Chest Pass
- 2. Medicine Ball (MB) pullover throw
- 3. Front MB oblique throw
- 4. Soccer Throw
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview