Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
"Power," "Diamonds of Sierra Leone"
Kanye West (and Jay-Z)
"Sawdust and Diamonds"
Aventura; Frankie J and Baby Bash
"Ballad of a Politician"
- Joanna Newsom
- Complicated, hard to play
- 7 pedals for changing pitches (sharp, flat, natural)
- West African
- Mix between lute and harp
- The simultaneous use of two or more conflicting rhythms
- The countermelody of rhythm
Putting a section of an old song into a new song
- Regular music producer: material is already there for her; she puts it together.
- Hip-hop music producer: has to create the beat, essentially the song's composer
- Music and singing
- Final product involved other instrumentals, special effects, mixing, etc. on top of what the composer & lyricist wrote
- Different Hallelujahs, etc.
- Dominican Republic
- Dance music
- 5 or more couplets
- Each couplet can stand alone
- Each line has same number of syllables
- Each couplet ends with same word/phrase
- All couplets rhyme with each other
- Tone quality/tone colour
- What differentiates sounds of the same pitch and volume from one another
- Breathy, belting, vocal fry, etc.
- Voice or instrument
- Three types:
- Parody singer of original song
- Use pre-existing song to talk about something completely different
- Homage to a singer/genre without using an actual pre-existing melody
- Treating autism
- Hello songs
- Learning songs
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview