People of the Protestant Reformation & Scientific Revolution
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- young priest
- Split the church from Roman Catholic after seeing the church flaws
- concept of predestination
- believed in child baptism
- metaphorical communion
King Henry VIII
- split from Catholic church over land ownership
- Angelican Church (not very different)
Garroted for translating bible to English
- proposed Heliocentricism
- "De Revolutionibus"
- collected year of data on planetary motion
- planet speed relative to distance from sun
interpreted data for Brahe as mathematician
Sir Isaac Newton
- studied gravity
- invented Calculus
found speed of light
Antonie van Leeuwenhoek
- improved the microscope
- studied bacteria (first microbiologist)
studied blood circulation
- "Discourse on Meathod"
- "cogito"-"I think, therefore I am"
Sir Francis Bacon
"Novum Organum"-"Knowledge is Power"
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview