Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
torta pascualete con membrillo
raw sheeps milk cheese served with toasted bread, quince paste and fig jam
- Origin: Extremadura.
- each mini torta is handmade
- raw milk brings notes of wild grasses and herbs with powerful and complex flavor, using vegetable rennet from the cardoon flower.
- in the 1940s Luis figueroa fell in love with an american woman named Aileen griffith that turned out to be a cia agent who then dedicated her life to the rich history of the Finca estate.
- served with 6 poeces of pan de cristal
- SHEEP, UNPASTURIZED, EXTREMADURA
- -dairy, gluten
rey silo rojo con albacicoques y almendras
intensely flavored cows milk cheese, paired with apricots and almonds
- Origin: Austrias, villiage of colgollo.
- one of the oldest production histories in europe.
- one of the first mentions comes from a letter to the emperor charlamagne.
- made using the finest red pepper in spain
- slightly spicy finish, thought to energize workers in the mining region of austias
rey silo blanco con polvorones de pinones
intensely flavored cows milk cheese paired with pinenut crumble cookies.
- Origin: Austrias
- named after the king of austrias who presided over the court in the later part of the 8th century and is one of the oldest spanish cheeses.
- the translation means "hard to swollow"
- Intense flavor wildflowers and fresh milk, with hints of hazelnut and butter.
- the paste is creamy
- served with pine nut cookies (flour, pine nuts, butter sugar, rosemary, salt and honey)
Pasamontes manchego con manzanas moscatel
A sweet and tangy sheeps milk cheese paired with compressed apples and moscatel
- Origin: castilla la mancha. named after the cheese maker that has been making cheeses since 1876.
- Aged for 4 months
Idizabal con membrillo
a smoked, nutty flavored sheeps milk paired with quince paste
- Origen" Basqu country.
- Sheeps milk using Lacha or Carrazana breeds.
- High acidity, low fat
- coagulated with young lambs rennet, giving it a piquant taste.
- Normally this cheese is smoked with beech wood, hawthorn or cherry wood.
- a robust, sharp, smokey cheeese, mad to be ripened for a long period of time.
San Simon con garapinado de frutos secos
A smoked cows milk cheese paired with nut brittle.
- Origen: Galicia. shaped like a tear drop.
- smooth buttery texture and lightly earthy taste
- Nut brittle (almonds, walnuts, pine punts,pistachios, black raisins, sugar, water and salt.
Cana de cabra
A soft semi sweet goats milk paired with raisin walnut bread and fig jam
- Origin: Murcia (orchard thick, mountainous region in southeastern Spain, benefitting from breezes from the Mediterranean.Region is known for engineering high quality goat milk products.
- creamy, mild, yet with a satisfying flavor, tangy citrus notes, balance the rich creaminess with a hint of deep woods mushrooms that grow in shady spots.
- -dairy, nuts, gluten
La Peral con raisins and pears a la Pedro Ximinez.
Intensely flavored bleu cheese of cows milk with compressed pears in pedro ximinez 12
- Origin: Austrias ( named for the town it is made in, La Peral)
- had been produced for a little over a century.
- A.k.a. Queso Azul Asturiano\made from pasteurized cown milk
- Aged at least 60-80 days, up to 4 months.
- creamy and subtly sweet and a ittle bit lighter than other blue cheeses of the area
Santa gadea con albaricoques y pasas
a soft ripened organic goats cheese paired with dried apricots and raisins.
- Santa Gaeda's goats dwellin a barn overlooking the Erbo river. they eat wild grasses and herbs along with organic fodder. they are free to exit the barn and forrage as they please.
- edible rind, soft and crumbly, nuanced and creamy