Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
torta pascualete con membrillo
raw sheeps milk cheese served with toasted bread, quince paste and fig jam
- Origin: Extremadura.
- each mini torta is handmade
- raw milk brings notes of wild grasses and herbs with powerful and complex flavor, using vegetable rennet from the cardoon flower.
- in the 1940s Luis figueroa fell in love with an american woman named Aileen griffith that turned out to be a cia agent who then dedicated her life to the rich history of the Finca estate.
- served with 6 poeces of pan de cristal
- SHEEP, UNPASTURIZED, EXTREMADURA
- -dairy, gluten
rey silo rojo con albacicoques y almendras
intensely flavored cows milk cheese, paired with apricots and almonds
- Origin: Austrias, villiage of colgollo.
- one of the oldest production histories in europe.
- one of the first mentions comes from a letter to the emperor charlamagne.
- made using the finest red pepper in spain
- slightly spicy finish, thought to energize workers in the mining region of austias
rey silo blanco con polvorones de pinones
intensely flavored cows milk cheese paired with pinenut crumble cookies.
- Origin: Austrias
- named after the king of austrias who presided over the court in the later part of the 8th century and is one of the oldest spanish cheeses.
- the translation means "hard to swollow"
- Intense flavor wildflowers and fresh milk, with hints of hazelnut and butter.
- the paste is creamy
- served with pine nut cookies (flour, pine nuts, butter sugar, rosemary, salt and honey)
Pasamontes manchego con manzanas moscatel
A sweet and tangy sheeps milk cheese paired with compressed apples and moscatel
- Origin: castilla la mancha. named after the cheese maker that has been making cheeses since 1876.
- Aged for 4 months
Idizabal con membrillo
a smoked, nutty flavored sheeps milk paired with quince paste
- Origen" Basqu country.
- Sheeps milk using Lacha or Carrazana breeds.
- High acidity, low fat
- coagulated with young lambs rennet, giving it a piquant taste.
- Normally this cheese is smoked with beech wood, hawthorn or cherry wood.
- a robust, sharp, smokey cheeese, mad to be ripened for a long period of time.
San Simon con garapinado de frutos secos
A smoked cows milk cheese paired with nut brittle.
- Origen: Galicia. shaped like a tear drop.
- smooth buttery texture and lightly earthy taste
- Nut brittle (almonds, walnuts, pine punts,pistachios, black raisins, sugar, water and salt.
Cana de cabra
A soft semi sweet goats milk paired with raisin walnut bread and fig jam
- Origin: Murcia (orchard thick, mountainous region in southeastern Spain, benefitting from breezes from the Mediterranean.Region is known for engineering high quality goat milk products.
- creamy, mild, yet with a satisfying flavor, tangy citrus notes, balance the rich creaminess with a hint of deep woods mushrooms that grow in shady spots.
- -dairy, nuts, gluten
La Peral con raisins and pears a la Pedro Ximinez.
Intensely flavored bleu cheese of cows milk with compressed pears in pedro ximinez 12
- Origin: Austrias ( named for the town it is made in, La Peral)
- had been produced for a little over a century.
- A.k.a. Queso Azul Asturiano\made from pasteurized cown milk
- Aged at least 60-80 days, up to 4 months.
- creamy and subtly sweet and a ittle bit lighter than other blue cheeses of the area
Santa gadea con albaricoques y pasas
a soft ripened organic goats cheese paired with dried apricots and raisins.
- Santa Gaeda's goats dwellin a barn overlooking the Erbo river. they eat wild grasses and herbs along with organic fodder. they are free to exit the barn and forrage as they please.
- edible rind, soft and crumbly, nuanced and creamy
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview