Home Economics - Home Hygiene, Safety and First Aid
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Outline five general guidelines for good hygiene in the home
1. Open the windows daily
2. Empty kitchen bins daily
3. Wash and disinfect floors regularly
4. Disinfect toilets and sinks once a week
5. Hoover carpets and floors once a week
What are the four principle causes of accidents in the home?
2. Badly designed homes
3. Faulty equipment
4. Incorrect storage of dangerous substances
Outline three general guidelines for preventing electrical accidents in the home
1. Do not overload sockets
2. Do not touch anything electrical with water
3. Fit childproof covers on electric sockets
Name three pieces of fire saety equipment that should be found in the home
1. Smoke alarm
2. Fire extinguisher
3. Fire blanket
What are the three aims of first aid?
1. To preserve life
2. To prevent the condition getting worse
3. To promote recovery
Name six items that should be found in a first aid box
3. Cotton wool
4. Safety pins
What should you administer as first aid for a minor burn/scald?
1. Pour cold water on the burn for 10 minutes
2. Gently remove anything eg. rings before the area swells
3. Cover with a clean, non fluffy dressing
What should you administer as first aid for a major burn/scald?
1. Wrap the victim in a blanket
2. Call an ambulance
3. Pour cold water on the burn
4. Do not remove any clothing stuck to the burn
What should you administer as first aid for bleeding?
1. Apply pressure to the wound for 10 minutes
2. Wrap in a bandage
3. Call an ambulance if bleeding is severe
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview