The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Compare/contrast biotic factors with abiotic factors. Give examples.
- abiotic: don't relate to living organisms- climate, topography, soil, water
- biotic: directly affect living organisms- living factors
Describe nitrogen cycle and bacteria's role
- Bacteria change nitrate to usable form
- 1) dead bodies decompose- ammonification
- 2)nitrification- soil goes from ammonia to nitrates
- 3)dentrification-nitrogen soil to atmosphere
- 4)plants- nitrogen fixation animals eat plants
Which biome produces the greatest diversity of life?
Starting with the sun, discuss the order of energy flow through a food web.
Energy levels are higher at the top, transfer is lowest on top because top uses most?, producers offer the most
makes organic material from inorganic materials (photosynthetic or chemosynthetic)
define primary consumer
define secondary consumer
eats primary consumer
feeds by breaking down organic matter from dead organisms bacteria/fungi