Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Gram stain appearance
- GP short rods or coccobacilli
- NOT ACID FAST
Source of specimen
- Amniotic fluid
- Genital tract
- SBA - 18-24hrs
- small translucent gray
- Narrow zone of Beta hemolyisis
If dealing with mixed flora, cold enrichment at 4C is useful since this will grow at colder temps.
- Umbrella motility Agar at 25C
- Esculine hydrolysis
Where is L. monocytogenes found?
- found widespread in nature, decaying vegetation, but carried by numerous humans and animals.
- concern: Easy access to food processing
- Disease: Listeriosis
- Predominately a food borne illness
- Cutaneous: occupational exposure
- Meat processors and veterinarians
- High Mortality
- Those mostly susceptible are immuno- compromised
- Recognition of aerobic GPB
- ~ Beta hemolytic (clear zone)
- ~ Biochemical profile
- ~ Motility characteristics
- ~ Growth at 4C
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview