Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Media and growth requirements for all strep
- Facultative anaerobe
- Requires Enriched media
Group A : S. pyogenes gram stain & colony discription
- Grayish white
- Usually beta with a wide zone
Pathogenicity for A
- Causes 90% of strep infections
- rheumatic fever
- scarlet fever
Biochemical tests for A
- Susceptible to *bacitracin & Most penicillin
- Resistant to SXT
Group B : S. agalactiae gram stain & colony description.
GPC in chains
- Slightly larger colonies than A.
- Bull's eye
- Diffuse beta hemolysis with narrow zone
- Occasionally nonhemolytic
Pathogenicity for B
Normal flora of femal genital tact.
Most common cause of neonatal septicemia and meningitis
Indentification tests for B
- Sodium hippurate
: SXT & Bacitracin
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview