Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
size and location of the heart?
size: 14 centimeters long and 9 centimeters wide
location: within the mediastinum and rests on the diaphragm
covering of the heart:
a. a layered _____ encloses the heart
b. the pericardial cavity is a space between the _____ and _______ layers of the pericardium
- a. pericardium
- b. parietal; visceral
three walls of the heart.
1. epicardium, myocardium and an endocardium
right chambers and valves. Name the sequence of blood flow.
- -right atrium receives blood from the vena cavae
- -tricuspid valve separates the right atrium and the right ventricle
- -pulmonary valve guards the base of the pulmonary trunk. leads blood into the lungs.
left chambers and valves.
- -left atrium receives blood from the pulmonary veins.
- -bicuspid valve separates the left atrium from the left ventricle.
- -aortic valve guards the base of the arota.
skeleton of the heart: what does it consist of?
fibrous rings that enclose the bases of the pulmonary artery and the aorta.
cause of heart sounds?
vibrations the valve movements produce.
arteries do what?
carry blood away from the heart.
what happens in the capillaries?
blood and tissue fluid exchange gases and nutrients.
what do veins do?
carry blood to the heart.
how are veins formed
venules continue from the capillaries and merge to form veins
what's the largest artery?
major branches of the aorta (and know where)
coronay, brachiocephalic, left common coratid and left subclavian arteries
artery branches descending the aorta include
thoracic and abdominal
arteries to the neck, head and brain
branches of the subclavian and common coratid arteries
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview