Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is a mathematical model?
The Simplification of the real world
What are the advantages of a mathematical model?
- Its quick and easy
- can be simplified
- help provide control
- enable prediction about future
What are the disadvantages of a mathematical model?
- only give partial description of real solution
- only work for a restricted range of values
Stages of mathematical model are...
- 1. Real world prob observed
- 2. math model devised
- 3. model used to make prediction
- 4. Experimental data collected
- 5. Compare pridiction and observed outcome
- 6. Stats test to see how well model describe real world
- 7. model can be refined if needed
What is a continuous variable?
Variable that can take any value in a given range
what is a discrete variable?
Values only taking a specific value in a given range.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview