The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Catalase positive and used to distinguish from what other bacteria?
1. Staphylococcus(p) differentiates between strep spp.
Coagulase positive and used to distinguish from?
S. aureus(p) differentiates from coag neg staph.
Alpha or non hemolysis & differentiates from?
- Enterococcus (p) differentiates from Groups A,B, etc...
- S. pneumoniae
- Viridans group
Bile solubility positive and distinguishes from?
S.pneumoniae (p) differentiates from enterococcus.
PYR positive and used to differentiate from?
Enterococcus(p) distinguishes from Viridans group.
What is resistant and sensitive to the Novobiocin disk ?
- S = aureus & epidemidis
- R = saprophyticus
What is sensitive and resistant to the Optochin test aka P disk?
- Sensitive = S. pneumoniae
- Resistant = most Viridans strep
PYR positive and differentiate from?
- Enterococcus (p) differentiates from Viridans group(n).
- Group A strep (p)
CAMP test is positive for what bacteria?
- Group B strep (S. agalactiae)
Esculin hydrolysis is positive for and differentiates from what?
- only GPB pos = Bacillus spp and
- V = corynebacterium
- Group D strep
6.5% (NaCl)salt tolerance is positive for what?
Bacitracin is susceptible for what?
S= Group A strep