INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Types of software
What is computer hardware?
- Collection of tangible physical components
- that comprise a computer system.
- Collection of intangible computer programs
- related data that provides instructions for telling a computer what to do and
- how to do it.
What is System software?
- Computer software is designed to provide
- basic functionality, manage hardware resources and provide a platform for
- application software.
Examples of system software
- Device drivers, servers, Windows systems,
- utilities and OS.
Device drivers are?
Codes bridging hardware
- Tools in form of programs that developers
- use to support (maintain, create, debug) other programs and applications.
Types of program software
Set of programs that allows the computer to perform a specific data processing job for the user.
Types of application software.
What is the relationship between hardware and software?
- Both are necessary for a computer to run,
- and complement each other.
- Same hardware can be loaded with different
- software to perform different tasks.
- Hardware is normally one time purchase,
- while software is continuing.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview