Cellular membranes and transport
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is passive transport?
- Requires no energy
- Small non-polar molecules eg. 02 CO2
What id diffusion?
The net movement form area of high concentration to area of low concentration (down the concentration gradient)
What is osmosis?
- Diffusion in water
- Movement from high concentration to low concentration
What the types of passive transport?
- Channel mediated
- Carrier mediated
What is active transport?
- Transport of molecules against the concentration gradient
- Requires energy
What are the two types of bulk transport?
- Exocytosis: solid particles out
- Endocytosis: solid particles in the cell
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview