Verbs followed by -to
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
It was late, sowe decided to take a taxi home.
Have you decided where to go for your holidays?
Simon was in a difficult situation, so I agreed to help him.
How old were you when you learnt to drive?
= learnt how to drive
I waved to Karen but failed to attract her attention.
I promised not to be late.
We decided not to go out because of the weather.
Our neighbour threatened to call the police if we didn't stopthe noise.
He offered to carry her bag.
They arranged to meet at 8 o'clock.
She refused to tell him her name.
We plan to make an airplane model.
They hope to arrive on time.
Moussambani deserved to swim on the Olympic games.
They don't have much money.They can't afford to go out very often.
@The firm managed to go on the manufacturing.
I forgot to carry my keys.
+ be doing
- They seem to have plenty of money.
- You seem to have lost weight.
- =(it seems that you have lost weight.)
Martin seems to be enjoying his new job. =(it seems that he is enjoying it.)
+ be doing
Ann pretended not to see me when she passed me in the street.
I pretended to be reading the newspaper.
- I wouldn't dare to tell him. OR
- I wouldn't dare tell him.
- But only:
- I daren't tell him what happened.
We asked how to get to the station.
I don't know whether to apply for the job or not.
Do you understand what to do?
Can somebody show me how to change the film in this camera?
Ask Jack. He'll tell you what to do.
- We expected to be late.
- We expected Dan to be late.
- Would you like to go now?
- Would you like me to go now?
- He doesn't want to know.
- He doesn't anybody want to know.
- Do you want me to come with you?
- Want that is wrong.
- Can you help me to move this table?
- Can you help me move this table?
Can you remind me to phone Sam tomorrow?
Who taught you to drive?
get (=persuade, arrange for)
I didn't move the piano by myself. I got somebody to help me.
Jim said the switch was dangerous and warned me not to touch it.
We were told not to touch the switch.
- Jane suggest that I should ask your advice.
- (not me to ask)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview