The Harmful Substances in Cigarette Smoke.
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Lines the air passages, increasing mucus production and paralyzing and damaging cilia, causing bronchitis.
- Mucus clogs airways
- Increases the risk of lung cancer
Irritate the air passages, causing inflammation and increased mucus secretion, resulting in chronic bronchitis.
- Raises blood pressure
- Increases heart rate
- Can lead to a stroke
- Reduces the amount of of oxygen available to tissues
- Increases blood cholesterol levels
- Increases the risk of atherosclerosis and thrombosis, which can lead to coronary heart disease.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview