American Government 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
a formal statement on a party's position on current issues
election of 1824
- four man nonpartisan race for the presidency between William
- Crawford, Andrew Jackson, John Quincy Adams, and Henry Clay. Clay helps Adams
- to win
- no candidate receives majority of electoral
problems with media
- media decides what is important enough to publish
- affects political campaigns
- views of the media
- among first practitioners of scientific polling was
- George Gallup. opinion polls
- Belief in a non-rational factor that controls
- government. World calls this non-rational factor as destiny etc.
- Belief that human nature is corrupt, therefore
- we will have no perfect world.
- Believe that we should separate the powers.
- Prefer an indirect democracy.
- (representatives rule for the people)
- Tend to favor states rights
- Autonomy (ruling alone) of rule by the branches
- in government. Each branch does what it needs to do by itself without
- Believe that the American constitutional
- tradition has principles that are intelligent and have permanent value. They
- like constitution as it is
- They want to decentralize government and make it
- 10. Favor
- private economic enterprise. (businesses)
- 11. More
- concerned with individuals and their private capacity instead of collectively
- as a nation.
- 12. They
- favor Congress over the executive.
- They’re confidence is in rational science to
- solve all problems.
- They believe in the unlimited potential of humans
- They do not favor tradition. Always change and
- make better
- They are willing to get rid of the separation of
- powers if it helps us move forward.
- They favor a direct democracy.
- Disprove of states rights
- Belief that autonomy slows down progress
- They will get rid of limited government if it
- helps them to move forward.
- Interpretation of the American constitution is
- wholly dependent on time and circumstance. (loose constructionist)
- 10. Believe
- that if we decentralize and go to localize it will slow down progress.
- 11. Would
- rather have government economic control.
- 12. They
- favor the executive over Congress. 1 person instead of bunch of people.
- 13. They
- want to expand government programs so that everyone can have the good life.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview