The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- an argument based on an unqualified generalization
- Ex: Exercise good. Therefore everybody should exercise.
If you, me and Bob cannot speak French, no one in school can speak French.
Let's not take Bill on our picnic. Everytime we take him out, it rains.
- Appealing to someone's sympathies
- When a man was ask about his qualifications for a job, he told a sob story about his family and how he needed the job.
- Comparing two completly different situations
- Sutdnets should be allowed to use textbooks on exams becuase doctors get to use X-rays to guide them in operations, and carpeters have blueprints to refrence.
Hypothesis Contrary to Fact
If Madame Curie never discovered radiation, we would not know about it today.
Poisioning the Well
Calling a man a liar before he speaks in a trial, so now noone can believe him.