Summary of the League in the 1930's
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The Great Depression
World economically and political unstable.
World economic conference=failure
Many countries went on to rearm and adopt protectionism and self-sufficiency. No possibilities of cooperation or peace.
What brought tension and conflict in the 1930's?
- Economic depression
- Aggressive nationalism
- Weakness of the League
- Uneffectiveness of collective security and peace keeping role
- Unable or unwilling to protect weaker countries when most powerful countries were at stake.
Japan, Italy and Germany
- Japan invaded Manchuria then the rest of China
- Germany out of Disarmament conference and League
- Germany trying to revise the Treaty of Versailles
- Italy invades Abyssinia
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview