Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Guarantees free speech, free press and assembly.
- Power to petition Gov't to redress grievances.
Right to bear arms.
Troops shall not be quartered in homes without owners consent.
- Mapp v. Ohio
- Guarantees right to privacy
- Sets Standards for search and seizure
- Miranda v. Arizona
- Guarantees right against self incrimination
- Right to due process
- Compensation for public taking of private property
- Allows def. to remain silent
- Due process federal
- Right to speedy trial, right to counsel and right to face your accuser
- Right of cross examination and hearsay rule
- Guarantees the right to a jury trial
- Established the prohibition of "double jeopardy"
Guarantees right to bail and excludes cruel and unusual punishment
due process state and equal protection
more evidence that a crime occurred than it not happening at all
- Taking a person into custody by lawful authority
- Commonwealth v. Duncan
- Reasonable suspicion that criminal activity is afoot
- Reasonable suspicion that the person is armed and dangerous
- Pat down for weapons only so that you make conduct your investigation safely
Powers to search and seizure come from?
- Case law
- U.S Constitution Amendment 4
- PA Constitution Article 1 Section 8
- Criminal Procedure
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview