1. never give the drug when the name is obscured.
2. never leave medication at bedside
3. expired medication should never be given
4. never open a unit dose until the patient is prepared to take it.
1. calculate and have cleared by someone
1. right timing so that the medication is most effective.
2. makes correct concentration in the blood.
3. empty stomach so that the food does not wrongly interact with the medications.
4. Or take meds with meal
5. Advise at bedtime for drowsiness
1. effect on degree of absorption, speed of drug action and side effects.
1. Materials should be sterile. Gloves should be worn. Cup should be used to hold pills.
- 1. check patient bracelet
- 2. check medical record number
- 3. check patients date of birth
1. every drug order should be recorded in patients medical record. name of drug, time, administered dose, route, location of injection and signature of person administering meds. PRN take as needed.