Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Anything w/ mass and volume
The amount of matter in an object. Measured in grams.
The amount of space the object takes up.
Chemical bonds are formed/broken at a molecular level. It produces at least one new substance.
A change in appearance but no chemical bonds are formed or broken and no new new substance is formed.
Particle model of matter
- 1. All matter is made up of tiny particles.
- 2. There are spaces between particles. The amount of space differs between states of matter.
- 3. The particles that make up matter are always moving.
- 4. The particles are attracted to one another.
Kinetic Molecular Theory
- 1. All matter is made up of very small particles.
- 2. There is empty space between particles.
- 3. Particles are constantly moving.
- (a) particles of a solid can only vibrate
- (b) particles of a liquid can slide past each other
- (c) particles of a gas can bounce around
- 4. Energy makes particles move.
What is a quantitative property?
A property that can be scientifically measured.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview