MG204 Worker rep non TU
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Worker Representation What?
-Those arrangements that allow employees to have a say and or share in the management and or profits of the organisation
- Traditionally worker were not accessed to management functions such as planning, organizing, controlling & leading.
Worker representation Why?
-Employees want & need to play active role in designing & controlling their jobs
- -EP results in a healthy industrial climate & improved organizational performance
- - As constituent of an orgns, employees have the right to participate
Worker Representation.. 4 theories?
- 1. Psychological theory
- 2. Organizaitonal theory
- 3. Political Theory
- 4. Sociological Theory
- Employees seek psychological satisfaction from work they perform
- Satisfaction is derived when they have freedom & discretion
- Satisfaction declines when close supervision & repetitive work
- Human relations & neo-human relations school of thought – Maslow's Hierarchy of need
- EP enhances orgns efficiency via improvement of communications
- Quality approach of decision making
- Improve understanding of customer needs
- Promote harmony in management-employee relationship
- EP is justified – political utilitarianism
- Management decisions is justified only when all stakeholders participate in that decision making
- When decisions maximizes the benefit of all affected
- EP contributes to the common good of all involved parties
- Better education of workforce increases professionalism & improved intellectual & technological capabilities
- EP narrows professional gaps between management & workers
- As constituent of an orgns, employees have the right to participate
Approaches to EP?
- 1. Participation in Management
- 2. Participation in Financial Success
- 3. Combination Participation
- Joint consultation
- Quality circle
- Job enrichment
- Autonomous workgroups
- Collective bargaining
Participation in Financial Success?
- Profit sharing
- Share holding
- Productivity gain sharing
- Producer co-operative
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview