ICND 2 practice exam
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does LMI stand for in frame relay?
Local Management Interface
What are the 3 frame relay signaling types?
What is the OSPF hello timer? and how long is it?
- The hello timer specifies the frequency in seconds that a router sends hello packets.
- OSPF default is 10 seconds.
What is the OSPF dead timer? and how long is it?
- The dead timer is how long OSPF waits for a hello packet before it declares the neighbor out of service.
- OSPF's default is 40 seconds.
- Then neighbors must have the same hello dead timers or they will NOT form adjacency.
What is a webVPN?
- It is a VPN that is established through a web browser and uses SSL to secure it also called a SSL VPN.
- It can use a thin-client where it downloads after authentication that connects you to the network or clientless where the user can only use a web browser.
What does Microsoft use for a VPN?
It uses PPTP or L2TP built into its client.
What does IPSec use to ensure data is not spoofed or changed when sent over a network?
It uses older MD5 for DES and 3DES and newer SHA-1 for AES encryption.
Router#sh eigrp topology
p 172.16.81.0 255.255.255.0, 1 successor FD 307200
via 22.214.171.124 (307200/281600),ethernet 1
what is the Feasible distance and what is the Advertised distance?
In an EIGRP topology table what is the Feasible distance (FD)?
It is the cost to the remote network from that router.
In an EIGRP topology table what is the Advertised Distance (AD)?
It is the advertised distance to the remote network from the neighbor router.
What is PVSTP+ on a switched network?
Per-Vlan Spanning Tree Protocol (PVSTP+): it is when there are multiple vlans and they have different STP servers for different Vlans.
What does MD5 stand for?
It is a hashing algorithm (Message Digest 5).
What does SHA-1 stand for?
It is a hashing algorithm (Secure Hash Algorithm 1).
What will EIGRP do if it has two routes to the same destination with equal cost?
EIGRP by default will load balance between them.
How do you load balance on EIGRP across multiple routes with different cost.
- You use the "variance" command. It is used with whole numbers 1-128. The number represents the multiplier of the lowest cost path.
- i.e. with a variance of 2 if the lowest cost path was 625 the EIGRP would balance across all links with a cost lower than 1250.
What does EIGRP use to encrypt it's keys being sent across the network?
MD5 (message digest 5)
what does EIGRP use by default for calculating the cost to a network?
- Bandwidth: the smallest bandwidth between source and destination.
- Delay: the cumulative interface delay in microseconds along the path.
What algorithm does EIGRP run to calculate the route costs?
EIGRP uses the DUAL algorithm.
what does EIGRP use for its router ID?
EIGRP uses the loop back interface id if there isn't one set then it will use the highest IP address assigned to an active interface.
What command will show weather or not the router is route filtering?
Router_1#show ip protocols
What are the 3 Frame Relay LMI signaling standards?
- Q.933 Annex A
- ANSI T1.617 Annex D
What is OSPF's multicast address?
What is RIP multicast address?
What is EIGRP's multicast address?
What does IPv6 do for an EUI address?
It adds FF:FE to the middle of the mac address.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview