The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The purpose of this Code is the practical 1____
of 2____ and 3_____ from Hazards arising from the use of 4_____.
- 1. Safeguarding
- 2. Persons
- 3. Property
- 4. Electricity
This Code contains provisions that are considered necessary for ______.
Compliance therewith and 1_____ will result in an installation that is essentially free from 2_____ but not necessarily efficiant, convenient, or adequate for good service or future expansion of electrical use.
- 1. Proper Maintenance
- 2. Hazard
This Code is not intended as a 1_____ specification or an 2____ manual for 3_____ persons.
- 1. Design
- 2. Instruction
- 3. Untrained
The requirements in this Code address the fundamental principles of protection for safety contained in Section 1____ of 2_______ 60364-1, Electrical Installations of Buildings.
- 1. 131
- 2. International Electrotechnical Commission Standard
This Code covers the installation of electric conductors, electrical equipment, signaling and communications conductors and equipment, and fiber optic cables and raceways for the following:
- 1. Public and private premises including buildings, structures, mobile homes, recreational vehicles, and floating buildings.
- 2. Yards, Lots, parking lots, carnivals, and industrial substations.
- 3. Installations of conductors and equipment that connects to the supply of electricity.
- 4. installations used by the electric utility, such as office buildings,
- warehouse, garages, machine shops, and recreational buildings, that are
- not an integral part of a generating plant, substation, or control
This Code does not cover the following: List them :
- 1. Installations in the ships, watercraft other than floating buildings, railway rolling stock, aircraft, or automatic vehicles other than mobile homes and recreational vehicles.
- 2. Installations of railways for generation, transformation, transmission, or distribution of power used exclusively for signaling and communication purposes.
- 3. Installations underground in mines and self-propelled mobile surface mining machinery and its attendant electrical trailing cable.
- 4. Installations of Communications equipment under the exclusive control of communications utilities located outdoors or in building spaces used exclusively for such installations.
- 5. Installations under the exclusive control of an electric utility where such installations
- A. Consist of service drops or service laterals, and associated metering, or
- B. Are Located in legally established easements, right-of-way, or by other agreements either designated by or recognized by public service commissions, utility commissions, or other regulatory agencies having jurisdiction for such installations, or
- C. Are on property owned or leased by the electric utility for the purpose of communications, metering, generation, control, transformation, transmission, or distribution of electric energy.
The AHJ for enforcing this Code 1____ for the installation of 2____ and 3_____ that are not under the exclusive control of the electric utilities and are used to connect the electric utility supply system to the service-entrance conductors of the premises served, provided such installations are 4____ a building or terminate immediately 5_____ inside a building wall.
- 1. May grant exception
- 2. Conductors
- 3. Equipment
- 4. Outside
- 5. Inside
This Code is divided into the 1_____, and 2_____ chapters, as shown in Figure 90.3 Chapters 3_____,4_____,5_____, and 6____ apply generally.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. 9
- 3. 1
- 4. 2
- 5. 3
- 6. 4
Chapters 1___, 2___, 3____ apply to special 4_____, special 5_____ or other special 6_____.
- 1. 5
- 2. 6
- 3. 7
- 4. Occupancies
- 5. Equipments
These latter chapters 1_____ or 2_____ the general rules. Chapter 3___ through 4___ apply except as 5_____ by Chapters 5,6, and 7 for the particular conditions.
- 1. Supplement
- 2. Modify
- 3. one
- 4. four
- 5. amended
Chapter 1_____ covers 2_____ and is not subjected to the 3______ of Chapters 4______
through 5______ except where the requirements are specifically referenced in chapter 8.
- 1. eight
- 2. Communications Systems
- 3. Requirements
- 4. One
- 5. seven
Chapter 1_____ consists of 2________.
- 1. Nine
- 2. Tables that are applicable as referenced.
Annexes 1______ part of the requirement of this Code but are included for 2______ purposes only.
- 1. Are not
- 2. Informational
This Code is intended to be suitable for 1_____ by government bodies that exercise legal jurisdiction over 2______, including signaling and communication systems, and for use by 3____ inspectors.
- 1. mandatory applications
- 2. Electrical Installations
- 3. Insurance
The 1_____ for enforcement of the Code has the responsibility for making interpretations of the rule, for deciding on the approval of equipment and materials, and for granting the special permission contemplated in a number of the rules.
By special permission, the 1______ specific requirements in this Code or 2_____ alternative methods where it is assured that equivalent objectives can be achieved by establishing and maintaining effective 3______.
This Code may _________ , constructions, or materials that may not yet be available at the time the code is adopted.
require new products
In such event, the ________ the use of the products, constructions, or materials that comply with the most recent previous edition of this Code adopted by the jurisdiction.
AHJ may permit.
Mandatory rules of this Code are those that identify actions that are specifically required or prohibited and are characterized by the use of the terms 1____ or 2_____.
Permissive rules of this Code are those that identify actions that are allowed but not required, are normally used to describe options or alternative methods, and are characterized by the use of the terms 1_______ or 2_______.
- 1. Shall be permitted
- 2. Shall not be permitted
1_________, such as references to other standards, references to related sections of this code, or information related to a Code rule, is included in this Code in the form of fine print notes (FPN).
Fine print notes are 1________ and are 2_____
as requirements of this Code.
- 1. Informational only
- 2. Not Enforceable
To promote 1______ of interpretation and application of the provisions of this Code 2_____ interpretation procedures have been established and are 3_____ in the 4______ Governing Committee Projects.
- 1. Uniformity
- 2. Formal
- 3. Found
- 4. NFPA Regulations
For specific items of 1_____ and 2______ referred to in this Code, examinations for 3______ made under standard conditions provide a basis for 4______ where the record is made generally available through promulgation by organizations properly equipped and qualified for experimental; testing, inspections of the run of goods at factories, and service-value determination through field inspections.
- 1. Equipment
- 2. Materials
- 3. Safety
- 4. Approval
It is the intent of this Code that 1_____ or the 2______ of equipment need not be 3_____ at the time of installation of the equipment, except to detect 4_____ or 5______, if the equipment has been 6______ by a qualified electrical testing laboratory that is recognized as havingthe facilities described in the preceding paragraph and that requires suitability for installation in accordance with this Code.
- 1. Factory Installed Internal Wiring
- 2. Construction
- 3. Inspected
- 4. Alternative
- 5. Damage
- 6. Listed
Plans and specifications that provide ample space in raceways, spare raceways, and additional spaces allow for _______ in the use of electricity.
Distribution Centers located in ________ locations provide convenience and safety of operation.
It is elsewhere provided in this Code that the number of 1______ and 2______ confined in a 3______ enclosure be varying restricted.
- 1. Wires
- 2. Circuits
- 3. Single
Limiting the number of circuits in a single enclosure minimizes the effects from a 1______
or 2______ in one circuit.
- 1. Short Circuit
- 2. Ground Fault