The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- (a) Alkalinizing agent
- (b) Binds with hydrogen atoms to form
- carbonic acid.
- Neutralizes excess buildup of acids.
- Assists in restoring normal pH.
- (a) Prolonged cardiopulmonary arrest with
- Hyperkalemia (renal patients)
- Tricyclic antidepressant overdose
- Crush syndrome with suspected
- (b) None in emergency setting
- Pulmonary edema
- Tissue Acidosis
- Cardiac Arrest:
- 1mEq/kg-IV/IO. May repeat .5 mEq/kg in
- 10-15 mins.
- Crush Syndrome:
- 1mEq/kg added to first 1,000ml NS
- 1mEq/kg slow IV/IO at 10ml/min.
- May repeat 0.5mEq/kg every 10-15 min Crush Syndrome:
- Same as adult
- May cause tissue necrosis (verify IV patency)
- Flush line prior to administration:
- Percipitates with Calcium Chloride
- Inactivates catecholimines