The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
risk factors of cataracts
- MOST COMMON!
- changes in structural proteins
- yellowing and hardening
anterior subcapsular cataract?
- dense light scattering fibrotic regions under anterior capsule
- focal star shaped opacity
potent inducer of fibrosis
titanium vibrating high speed-> ultrasonic waves break up nucleus of lens into smaller pieces-> fragments aspired through a hollow needle
- major comp of cataract surgery
- proliferation and migration of residualr lens epi cells
- exposure of lens epithelial to FGF-> lens cell growth, proliferate and migrate and differentiate
- FGFR1 inhibition-> retards lens cell growth onto the posterior capsule
square edge create a barrier that will retard cell growth in post capsule