The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- “I will bear true faith and allegiance…” Accordingly, we will:
- l Conduct ourselves in the highest ethical manner in all relationships with seniors, peers, and subordinates;
- l Be honest and truthful in our dealings with each other, and with those outside the Navy;
- l Be willing to make honest recommendations and to accept those recommendations from junior personnel;
- l Encourage new ideas and deliver the bad news, even when it is unpopular;
- l Abide by an uncompromising code of integrity, taking responsibility for our actions and keeping our word;
- l Fulfill or exceed our legal and ethical responsibilities in our public and personal lives 24 hours a day. Illegal or improper behavior or even the appearance of such behavior will not be tolerated. We are accountable for our professional and personal behavior. We will be mindful of the privilege we have to serve our fellow American
- “I will support and defend…” Accordingly, we will:
- l Have courage to meet the demands of our profession and the mission when it is hazardous, demanding, or otherwise difficult;
- l Make decisions in the best interest of the Navy and the nation without regard to personal consequences;
- l Meet these challenges while adhering to a higher standard of personal conduct and decency;
- l Be loyal to our nation by ensuring the resources entrusted to us are used in an honest, careful, and efficient way. Courage is the value that gives us the moral and mental strength to do what is right even in the face of personal or professional adversity.
- “I will obey the orders…” Accordingly, we will:
- l Demand respect up and down the chain of command;
- l Care for the safety, professional, personal, and spiritual well-being of our people;
- l Show respect toward all people without regard to race, religion, or gender;
- l Treat each individual with human dignity;
- l Be committed to positive change and constant improvement;
- l Exhibit the highest degree of moral character, technical excellence, quality, and competence in what we have been trained to do. The day-to-day duty of every Navy man and woman is to work together as a team to improve the quality of our work, our people and ourselves. Your decision to become part of a proud organization with a rich, time-honored tradition is one of the most important you will ever make. You’ll be a member of a team that functions only as well as its people perform their duties and work toward common goals.