Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
congenital diff in colouration between irides
Fuch's heterochromic cyclitis?
neural pigment abnormalities?
inflammatory cell precipitates at pupillary margin
on iris surface
congenital ectropion uveae?
- rare, non prog, neural crest disorder
- proliferation of iris pigment epithelium onto atn surface of iris from pigment ruff
acquired progressive ectropion uveae?
- tractional eversion of post pigment layer and sphincter muscle
- 2ndy to glaucoma and uveitis
- rubeosis iridis
- new vessel growth acros ant iris surface
- acquired: synechiae
- anterior: adhesions bw ant iris and post corn
- posterior: adhesions bw post iris and ant lens- seen in inflamation (uveitis/glaucoma)
bowing of peripheral iris
complete adhesion of iris to post corn
- dishescence of iris fmor ciliary body at root
- D shaped pupil
- smaller than naevi
- dont distort iris
- surface pigment
- pale lesions in peripheral stroma
lisch, congenital ectropion uveae
between 2 layers of epithelium
- dormant/2nd glaucoma
- contain flud
- small white solid lesions
- opaque walls in stroma
- not connect wiht wound
- translucent fluid filled
- connected with wound
- enlarge-> uveitis, glaucoma, edema
- pigmented/non 3mm wide, 1mm thick
- inferior with surface vasc
- malig-> prominent bv, rapid, diffuse spread
ddx iris melanoma
- iris naevus
- leiomyoma- rare, benign, dervied from smooth muscle
- melanocytoma- deep pigmented nodular mass, furry, no ob vessels
what is ICE and RF
- iridocorneal endothelial syndrome
- abnormal clone of endothelial cell copies epit-> migrates to iris surface
- progressive enlargement and contraction of membrane-> iris traction, corectopia, ectropion-> iris atrophy
- F, white, 20-50
ICE 3 features?
- iris atrophy
- cogan reese
- diff corn edema-> beaten bronze
- 2ndy glaucoma
iris atrophy in ICE?
- abnormal endo spreads onto iris surface-> forms contractile membrane
- atrophy-> heterochromia, corectopia, ectropion uveae
- iris troma and pigment epi cells atrophy
cogan reese syndrome?
- less severe atrophy
- tan pedunculated nodules/diff pigment lesions on ant iris
- heterocrhomia due to loss of normal iris architecture
- assoc glaucoma
- post polymor dystrophy- bi, ant ang and iris
- axenfeld- iridocorn adhesions in angle, similar iris, bilateral
- fuch's endothelial dystrophy- corneal endothelial appearance, without iris and angle findings