The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
A research strategy in which many cases are examined to understand a comparatively small number of variables
- A research strategy in which the researcher's attention centers on an in-depth examination of one or a few cases on many dimensions
- Cases studies can be exploratory, descriptive, or explanatory.
A reserach design well suited to inferring cause
In experimentation, a group of subjects whom no experimental stimulus is adminstered and who should resemble the experimental group in all other respects
In experimentation, a group of subjects who are exposed to an experimental stimulus.
- The quality of a research finding that justifies the inference that it represents something more than the specific observations on which it was based.
- Sample to Population
- A research design that includes most, but not all, elements of an experimental designs
- Quasi - "sort of" and "to a certain degree"
- Two classes of the Quasi's is:
- nonequivalent-groups and time-series
A technique for randomly assigning experimental subjects to experimental groups and control groups
- A research strategy whereby a large number of variables are studied for one or a small number of cases or subjects.
- Tuime-series and case studies are examples