The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Dizygotic twins define
- fertilization of ova by 2 sperm
- same or different sex
Dizygotic twins amnions and chorions
2 amnions, 2 chorions
mono zygotic twins define
- singl sperm and ova
- genetically identical
Identical twins who share a common monochorionic placenta
- the shared placenta contains abnormal blood vessels
- leading to unequal nutritional or oxygen needs
when is twinning not possible?
After second week
- 3rd week primitive streak migrates from caudal to cranial end.
- creates notochord from primitive node between ecto/ endodermal layers
- of disc
Teratomas are a result of
failure of the remnant primitive streak to regress.
Mermaid, caused by abnormal migration of mesoderm
vertebral defects, anal atresia, TE fistula, Renal defects
VATER + Cardiovascular defects and upper limb defects
- Cranial part of Neural tube-Brain
- Mesencephalon-Midbrain(at flexure)
- Rhombencephalon- HIndbrain