VTNE Review: Small Animal Nursing
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What should you look for when performing a PE on the skin?
- Skin turgor
- Shiny/dull coat
What should you look for when performing a PE on EENT?
- Reflex & response to stimuli
- Corneal changes
- Color of conjunctiva
- Torticollis/head shaking
- Foreign material/objects
When performing a PE on the GIT, what might you look for?
- Periodontal disease
- Fx/dicolored/missing teeth
- Tonsil size
- Excessive salivation/difficulty swallowing
- Distension of abd
- Discomfort on palpation
- Bladder size
- Lymph node abnormalities
- Anal color
- Anal gland abscess, discharge or inflammation
When performing a PE on the respiratory system, what should you be looking for?
- Abnormal sounds w/ auscultation
- Upper resp. sounds
- Decrease/lack of sound
- Pattern, rate, effort and depth
When performing the PE of M/S, what are you observing?
- Joint displacement, joint swelling
- Pain w/ flexion of limbs
When examining the C/V system, what should you observe?
- Pulse strength & rate
- Pulse defecits
What is observed during the PE of the U/G tract?
- Genitalia color/irritation/swelling
- Abnormal discharge/smell/growths
- Symmetry of testicals
What is observed when examining the lymphatic system?
- Pain upon palpation
- Swollen lymph nodes
What should be observed when examining the NS?
- Pupil size, response to light, symmetry, or nystagmus
- Tail response/anal tone
- Conscious proprioception
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview