EMT-Chapter 1-Emergency Medical Care Systems, Research, & Public Health
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Emergency Medical Services system
- Emergency Medical Responder.
- Person who provides immediate life saving care
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Provides basic emergency care & transportation (operates ambulance)
- Advanced oxygen therapy and ventilation equipment, pulse oximetry, use of automatic blood pressure monitoring equipment, & limited medication administration.
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
- not available anymore
- Advanced assessments, form a field impression, provide invasive & drug interventions as well as transport
- Provides highest level of pre-hospital care
- ·Physician who is legally responsive for the clinic & patient care aspects of the EMS system
- ·Responsible for providing medical directions following guidelines called protocols
Off-line Medical Directions
Provided through a set of predetermined, written guidelines that allows EMTs to use without contacting a physician
On-line Medical Directions
Require the EMT acquire permission from a physician prior to administering a specific emergency care
Subset of protocols that do not require real-time physician input
The emerging term that more comprehensively describes the EMS systems medical director's responsibilities
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview