- Cause- Ca/Phos ratio, meat to herbivore, UV light (Ca absorption)
- CS- Domed shell, Anorexia, Frozen hinges
- Tx- Ca- IV
- Cause- Diet
- CS- Eyes!- conjunctivitis, blepharitis, EAR ABSCESS, Nasal+, dyspnea
- Tx- Vit. A IV (dont OVD- toxicity= sloughing)
- young aquatic turtles - <4" shells
- majority of sal. cases in humans= food!
- Cause- Diet/Husbandry
- CS- Wet (B)/Dry (F), loss of scutes
- Tx- Topicals
- Septicemic- SCUD!
- Shell Fx
- Tx- fiberglass, dental acrylic
OVG beak (Diet)
Resp. Dz MOST COMMON!!!
- Turtles cant cough, Diet, Husbandry
- Causes- Mycoplasma, herpes V, parasites, Fungus
- CS- @ water surface, leg pumping, change in buoyancy
- Uric Acid around joints/heart
- Cause- Kidney dz, dehydration, inc. Protein!
- CS- lethargy, swollen joints
- Tx- unrewarding, usually die
- Stomatitis- infl. of oral cav. (ULCERS,ABRASIONS,INFX)
- Dx- BW, Rad., fecals, endoscopy
- Dystocia- Husbandry, Diet, OVS egg, small enclosure, wrong substrate, stress
- Cloacal/Penile Prolapse- Trauma, infx, cloacal impaction
- Bacteria from mouth, Anatomy (no opening for ear), HypoV- A