Papers for Exam 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
"not your parents test scores, cohort reduces psychometric aging effects"
"pre-engagement cohabitation and gender asymmetry in marital commitment"
- -longitudinal study, examined commitment levels of premarital couples.
- -they predicted that men who lived before engagement would be less likely to stay commited or be as committed as their wives and men who wait until after
- -random questionaires
- -found that their hypothesis was correct. the men were less dedicated than their wives and men who had waited.
- -limits, the sample was not representative bc it was primarily white and mid class, thru a church, ongoing study
- -implications were religion plays a part in cohabitting, girls more likely to see living together as a step towards marraige.
"changes in perceived weight discrimination among americans"
- -this longitudinal study examined the trends in perceived weight discrimination among a nationally representative sample of adults. comparing their experiences of discrimination based on race, age and gender.
- -their findings were that weight discrimination has risen from 7% in 1995 to 12% in 2004. all groups were affected except the elderly.
the Nudge theory video
-the belief that people can be made to change their behaviour by being gently encouraged rather than being forced to do things
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview