The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
/s/ /z/s, z, soft c"z" is the first letter of zero. The other letters have a similar sound.
/t/ /d/t, dt & d have one downstroke and sound similar (some variant systems include "th")
/n/nn has two downstrokes
/m/ M has three downstrokes and looks like a "3" on its side
/r/ last letter of four, also 4 and R are almost mirror images of each other
/l/ L is the Roman Numeral for 50
- she, chew, gee
- a script j has a lower loop / g is almost a 6 rotated
- /k/ /ɡ/
- k, hard c, hard g, hard "ch", q, qu
- capital K "contains" two sevens (some variant systems include "ng")
- /f/ /v/
- f, v
- script f resembles a figure-8. V sounds similar.
- /p/ /b/
- p, b
- p is a mirror-image 9. b sounds similar and resembles a 9 rolled around
Vowel sounds, w,h,y,xThese can be used anywhere without changing a word's number value