The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- The snake may change its skin but stays a snake.
Some smile with hared in their hearts. Sudan
cause and effect
- Do you want to harvest corn without cultivating
- corn? Sudan
- You lit the fire, now the smoke hurts your eyes.
- If you want to get rid of the flies, throw the
- bad meat away. Zambia
- The mole travels underground, safe from people’s
- feet. Zambia
- Do not put your goat out to graze in the field
- of the leopards. Congo
- Children speak only words they have heard.
- A fine cradle will not always ensure a fine
- character. Ghana
- As you bring your child up, so it will grow up.
One man cannot collect the crops. Angola
Teeth without gaps chew the meat. Buganda
- If you are in one boat, you have to row
- together. South Africa
One finger cannot wash your face. Congo
- Only a lonely fool tries to do the work of many.
- If the fingers of one hand quarrel, they cannot
- pick up the food. East Africa
- Two strong men will move a heavy stone. Two
- bright lawyers will not agree about the meaning of a word. North Africa
A single bracelet does not jingle. Tetela
Dependence and Independence
- If you cut down the big tree, the small trees
- will fall down by themselves. Zulu
- The tree cannot stand up without its roots.
If the trunk dies, the branches die too. Swahili
When father comes back, hunger ceases. Congo