Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- The snake may change its skin but stays a snake.
Some smile with hared in their hearts. Sudan
cause and effect
- Do you want to harvest corn without cultivating
- corn? Sudan
- You lit the fire, now the smoke hurts your eyes.
- If you want to get rid of the flies, throw the
- bad meat away. Zambia
- The mole travels underground, safe from people’s
- feet. Zambia
- Do not put your goat out to graze in the field
- of the leopards. Congo
- Children speak only words they have heard.
- A fine cradle will not always ensure a fine
- character. Ghana
- As you bring your child up, so it will grow up.
One man cannot collect the crops. Angola
Teeth without gaps chew the meat. Buganda
- If you are in one boat, you have to row
- together. South Africa
One finger cannot wash your face. Congo
- Only a lonely fool tries to do the work of many.
- If the fingers of one hand quarrel, they cannot
- pick up the food. East Africa
- Two strong men will move a heavy stone. Two
- bright lawyers will not agree about the meaning of a word. North Africa
A single bracelet does not jingle. Tetela
Dependence and Independence
- If you cut down the big tree, the small trees
- will fall down by themselves. Zulu
- The tree cannot stand up without its roots.
If the trunk dies, the branches die too. Swahili
When father comes back, hunger ceases. Congo
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview