Control systems and process performance management
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Draw the hierarchy of process automation level
Which level needs small helpers and why?
- operational side and planning side giving time scales for each.
- C(3) P(3) P(3) P(3) E(2)
Historically how were the control systems used? And how IT systems helped?
- lot of data collected on field and few important parameters displayed in the control room.
- not complete reliance on data in control room.
- IT technology gave a better alternative. in old times new device meant putting a new hole in the wall and associated troubles. IT solves it with smart computer displays.
two directions of automation/control development explain both.
- PLC(SPS)- intelligence on the field
- DCS(PLS)-intelligence in the control room - explain with a diagram and more details which include flow from bottom to top.
why are there no single connections for all the levels in a DCS system
Explain in short modern structure of control systems.
what motivates thedevelopment of artificial helpers
describe in short
alarm frquency limits. Why are alarms used and why they may come up?how does it relate to process monitoring
- explain with cooling water.
- filtering rubbish so that only the most important information goes to the operator.
problem of too many
alarms. Why does it happen? vicious circle
- 1. generation
- 2.standard display
- 3. evaluation
- 4. intervention.
What does PPM mean?
behind PPM wrt alarms
parameters with respect to KPI at the top of the pyramid.
considered in PPM.
workflow for process monitoring with an example.
- From current state to target state.
- blue and green curves.
- electrolysis process.
methods of process
methods of process
diagnosis by model building
approaches to PPM
how data and process knowledge is combined.
- y axis-device , equipment, plant
- x axis- statistic model to rigrous process model.
define and explain
trend detection. Give an examle where it is applied practically
- plot the difference and the weighted integral of deviations.
- mixer plugging,- valve characteristic monitoring.
explain with an
example data reconciliation.
how to implement a
systematic project execution
what is performance
monitoring concept and how to integrate into a system
- 1 performance monitoring concept
- 2 PMC integrated into a system
what GUI does the operator see?
what are the
critical factors for success in terms of PPM?
- process knowledge
- system oriented competence
- workflow knowledge
- human factor
examples for implementing PPM
- fouling monitoring
- energy monitoring
- reactor monitoring using data reconciliation
- online heat balance
controller performance monitoring
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview