Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What is the energy found everywhere in everything?
An energy pathway related to a corresponding organ is called?
1st circuit meridian, time, nature, element
- Lung 3-5am Yin Metal C/Fg
- Large Intestine 5-7am Yang Fg/F
- Stomach 7-9am Yang Earth F/Ft
- Spleen 9-11am Yin Ft/C
2nd circuit meridian, time, nature, element
- Heart 1-1pm Yin Fire C/Fg
- Small Intestine 1-3pm Yang Fg/F
- Bladder 3-5pm Yang water F/Ft
- Kidney 5-pm Yin Ft/C
3rd circuit meridian, time, nature, element
- Pericardium 7-9pm Yin Fire C/Fg
- Triple Warmer 9-11pm Yang Fg/F
- Gallbladder 11-1am Yang Wood F/Ft
- Liver 1-3am Yin Ft/C
How long does each meridian have peak time during the day?
What is the name of the theory Lao Tsu built his philosophy upon?
List 5 phases of Creation Cyle in proper order
FEM WA WOO
Blank translated as Spirit is stored in the Blank
Shady side of hill
Sunny side hill
If you have time to work only 1 meridian what should you work?
Yin - more powerful energy
Acupressure pro vs con
- Pro Con
- No side effects Can take longer
- Not invasize Time intensive
- less money Client holistic
Acupoint *3 characteristic of specific anatomical location on a body
- 1 - low electrical resistance
- 2 - heightened CHI flow
- 3 - tenderness & sensitivity
In what form is Taoism written?
What is the way, the one, the absolute?
- Shady side hill
- cool, relaxed, dark
- Intransform blood
- Sunny side hill
- Outtransform nutrients
Characteristics of Yin & Yang
- compliment one another
- Each in one another
- Yin attract Yang; Yang attract Yin
- Yin repel Yin; Yang repel Yang
- No judgment
- Together produce all phenomena
- only in living
- deplete w/poor health habits
- level set at birth
- stores energetic aspect kidney
- spirit of life
- stored in heart
- separates human from non-human
- only humans have shen
- in everything
- without CHI there is no Jing or Shen
- Cadaver has Chi but no Jing
How many primary meridians are there? Bilateral or unilateral?
What are the 2 midline meridians?
Ren or Conception - runs perineum up front body to lower lip
Du or Governing - tip of coccyx up back over midline of head to upper lip
- transport CHI and Blood
- regulate yin & yang
- resist pathogens
- transmit sensation & regulation of deficiency
4 ways to influence CHI flow
- 1 - change of season
- 2 - stress
- 3 - physical activity
- 4 - diet
CHI flow pathway connect blank areas of body to blank areas?
What way does the CHI flow?
How many times in 24 hours
(sing to tune head, shoulders, knees & toes)
- Chest - Fingers
- Fingers - Face
- Face - Feet
- Feet - Chest
- 3 times
Tsun/Cun measurement chart
- 1 tsun = width clients thumb
- 1.5 tsun = pointer finger & middle finger
- 2 tsun = pointer, middle, ring
- 3 tsun = all 4 fingers
8 principles or parameters Yin/Yang
- Yin 6 divisions Yang
- Cold Heat
- Interior Exterior
- Deficiency Excess
What is Sheng?
- Creation Cycle
- Each phase supports & gives energy to next
What is KO?
- balances creation by inhibiting or suppressing phase connected by lines to make a 5 point star.
- Always skip one cycle
Season, color, yin & yang organ, climate, flavor/taste, emotion, orifice, sense organ, sound, tissue, indicator, fears, archetype
- Heart/Pericardium (yin)
- Sm. intestine, triple warmer (yang
- Blood vessels
- Late Summer
- large intestine
- skin/body hair
- skin/ body hair
- head hair
An area of low electrical resistance, tenderness & heightened CHI flow is known as an?
One and a half tsun is equal to the width of blank fingers?
Anemia is a physical indicator of what phase?
Heaven, day, and expansion are qualities of what?
The nose orifice is what phase?
Taking in and letting go is a characteristic belonging to what phase?
Acupressure was developed in what country?
in the control cycle metal controls wood by what?
What phase controls speech?
Conflict/disconnect fear belong to which phase?
Excessive worry or concern indicator which phase?
In the control cyle Earth controls water?
In the control cycle Fire controls metal?
In the control cycle water controls fire?
In the control cycle wood controls earth?
Earth likes to be in the middle helping command around them?
Earth out of balance can become, manipulative, seeks fulfillment through food?
When earth is balanced they are nurturing, trust worthy, compassionate
- Holds food while ripens
- Holds center
- Fertility & menstruation
- transport, transform nutrients
- produce blood
- Pancreas-produce digestive enzymes and insulin
Spleen & stomach/ mental, emotional
Centered, grounded, clear boundaries, sympathy, empathy
Physical indications of Earth
- High/low blood sugar
- slow healing, varicous veins
- prolapsed organs and hemorrhoids
- fatigue in muscles
- mold, mildew, fugnus
Behavioral indications Earth
- Excessive concern, worry
- craves sweets, attention
- poor self esteem
- hypersensitivity to criticism
- Emperor of all organs
- rhythm of life
- circulates bood and CHI
- Separates pure from impure
- nourishes body
Heart/ mental, emotional
- intuition, sensitivity
- passion, charisma
Small Intestine/ mental, emotional
- Assimilation of ideas
- clarity, filtering thought
- Houses SHEN
- psychic ability, intuition
ability to judge wisely
Fire/ physical indications
- Flushed face and rashes
- speech disorders
- excessive sweating, thirst
Fire/ behavioral indications
- inability to focus and concentrate