Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. Deficit Spending
2. Binding arbitration
1. Roosevelt began deficit spending in order to pay for his programs which means he borrowed money he didn't have to pay for things.
2. Unbiased people who come in to settle a dispute or program. Both sides would have their say and then the verdict would be delivered.
3. Sit-down strike
3. Happening after two men got demoted and led 135 workers to sit down and begin a strike in Flint, Michigan. Other workers from various plants followed suit.
4. To pay for. "The federal theater project financed playwrites, actors an directors. Also, American history was recorded.
5. Therefore or in conclusion. 'President Roosevelt believed that union wages would let workers spend more money, thereby boosting the economy.
6. A critival point. "Roosebelt believed that payroll taxes were crucial to the people so they could collect their pensions.
7. American Liberty League
8. Works Progress Administration (WPA)
7. Democratic and Republican parties joining together to teach rights to personal property.
8. headed by Harry Hopkins. THis gave jobs to people that helped in constuction of roads, bridges and parks.
9. National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
10. Social Securities Act
9. Consist of 5 members appointed by the U.S president and senate. 5 year terms are served and are helped by 33 regional directors. The NLRB organized factory elections by secret ballot.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview