The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
a high pulse with a palpable thrill and auditory bruit is suggestive of what?
high output from an av malformation
compartment syndrome due to a fracture of the supracondyle of the humerus impeding the brachial artery blood flow
how is hyperemesis gravidarum diagnosed?
- loss of >5% of pregestational weight
- promethazine is the drug from vomiting
- pyridoxyine and doxylamine only prevent nausea
when is sx indicated for asymptomatic gallstones?
in sickle cell dz
in terms of serum and urine sodium and serum and urine osmolality what happens in a contraction alkalosis
- low serum sodium, low serum osmolaltiy
- low urine sodium, high urine osmolality
next step in evaluating digoxin toxicity?
electolytes to check for hypokalemia
most common cause of congenital hypothyroid?
what is the induction and maintenance phase for cryptococcus meningitis
amphotericin b + flucytosine and then fluconazole untill cd4 >100
when do you do sx for infective endocarditis
- chf, ruptured chordae tendine
- fungal endocarditis
- prostethic valves
- av block
- recurrent emboli while on antibiotics
when do you replace the valve with endocarditis
if the endocarditis is fungal
symptoms of ttp
- renal failure