Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Maximum Operating Pressure Altitude
NG - CL
- NG 41,000 feet
- CL 37,000 feet
With engine bleed air switches ON, do not operate the air conditioning packs in _____ for _____, ______, or ________.
With engine bleed air switches ON, do not operate the air conditioning packs in HIGH for takeoff, approach, or landing
Ice and Rain
Holding in icing conditions with flaps extended is: __________________.
Prohibited (NG only)
Do not operate the weather radar during fueling, near fuel spills, or near people
- 1. (NG) On the ground, limit one generator operation (engine driven) to a maximum of 215 amps
- 2. Do not remove AC power from the aircraft for at least 30 seconds after IRS shutdown
Resetting a tripped circuit breaker in flight (2)
- 1. The in-flight reset of a tripped circuit breaker should only be accomplished when directed by the QRH. Allow approx. 2 minutes for cooling before resetting.
- 2. A tripped circuit breaker may only be reset once. Allow approx. 2 minutes cooling before resetting.
- An inflight reset should only be accomplished if, in the judgment of the captain, regaining use of that system is critical to the safe conduct of the flight.
Minimum duct start pressure (CL only)
30 PSI, reducing 0.5 PSI per 1000 feet above sea level
Maximum EGT for Ground Start
Engine Stabilization and Cooldown (2)
- 1. Operate engines at or near idle, after rollback, for a minimum of 2 minutes prior to applying takeoff thrust.
- (Recommendation: 5 minutes on first flight of the day)
- 2. Operate engines at or near idle for a minimum of 1 minute prior to shutdown.
- (Recommendation: 3 minutes when operational conditions permit)
Reverse thrust is for ground use only.
APU Altitude Limitations
- Operation 41,000; 35,000
- Electric Only 41,000; 35,000
- Bleed Air Only 17,000; 17,000
- Bld Air+Elec 10,000; 10,000
Flight Controls: Speedbrakes (3)
- 1. In flight, do not extend the speedbrake lever beyond the flight detent
- 2. Do not use speedbrakes in flight below 1000 feet AGL
- 3. In flight, do not extend the speedbrakes unless the flaps are fully retracted
Flight Controls: Flaps (2)
- 1. Alternate flap duty cycle in flight is one complete cycle, then 5 minutes off. A complete cycle is movement from position 0 to 15 and back to 0. The alternate flap switch must be in the OFF position for 15 seconds before reversing the direction of flap movement.
- 2. Do not extend flaps above 20,000 feet pressure altitude
Fuel System - Min/Max temps
- Max Fuel Tank Temperature +49°C
- Min Fuel Tank Temperature -37°C
- Note: Jet A freeze point is -40°C, and other listed fuels freeze at lower temperatures
Main tanks must be ____ if the center tank quantity is greater than ____ lbs.
(Note 7 - ______)
- Full; 1000lbs.
- Note 7- Some MEL items can override this limitation.
Fuel Distribution Note 5
_____ lbs. may be retained in the center tank provided _____________.
The effects of balance have been considered.
Fuel Distribution Note 6
Center tank fuel pumps must be ___ for all operations with more than _____ lbs. in the center tank.
ON; 1000 lbs.
For ground operations, _____ tank fuel pump switches must not be positioned ____ unless the center tank fuel quantity exceeds ____ lbs. except when ________.
Center; ON; 1000 lbs; defueling or transferring fuel.
Fuel may be transferred from tank to tank or the aircraft may be defueled with passengers onboard, provided ____.
Deplane all passengers and non-essential crew members when _____
The fuel quantity in the tank from which fuel is being taken is maintained at not less than 2000 lbs.
Deplane all passengers and non-essential crew members when defueling a tank or transferring fuel from a tank that has less than 2000 lbs. until the process has been completed and the respective fuel boost pumps are turned off.
In the Classic, center tank fuel pump switches must be ____ when both center tank fuel pump LOW PRESSURE lights illminate.
(NG) Corresponding center tank fuel pump switch must be positioned ____ when a LOW PRESSURE light illuminates.
When established in level flight, both center tank pump switches should be positioned ___ if the center tank contains ____.
ON; Usable fuel.
If the center tank is empty, both center tank fuel pump switches must be ___ when ______.
- The first center tank fuel pump LOW PRESSURE light illuminates.
Center tank fuel pumps must not be ____ unless:__________.
- Personnel are available on the flightdeck to monitor the LOW PRESSURE lights.
May flight crews reset a tripped fuel quantity indicator, fuel pump, or fuel pump control circuit breaker?
Cargo Bay Smoke Detection and Fire Suppression
- Aircraft must land within 60 minutes of initial discharge of the fire suppression system
- (8E = 195 minutes)
- 1. Pilots are authorized to deviate from an ATC clearance to the extent necessary to comply with the TCAS II Resolution Advisory (RA)
- 2. Flight Crews must immediately respond to TCAS information (both TAs and RAs) by using the TCAS (Traffic Avoidance) guidelines located in the QRH Maneuvers chapter.
Max headwind component for HGS AIII
Max Crosswind (steady state)
35 Kts if wx 4,000+ RVR
Max Tailwind (TO and Landing)
10 knots - incl gust
Turbulent Air Penetration Speed At or Below 15,000 MSL
Turbulent Air Penetration Speed Above 15,000 MSL
280/.76 (CL .73)
TO/LDG Operating Temperature Limits
-52 C. to +54 C.
Max T.O. & Landing Altitude
Engine Anti-ice is required:
When icing conditions exist or are anticipated, except during climb and cruise below -40 C SAT, and during descent in all icing conditions, including temps below -40 deg. C.
Max speed with inoperative Mach Trim
Max runway slope
Plus or minus 2%
Minimum altitude for autopilot engagement after takeoff:
Minimum altitude for autothrottle disengagement during approach
50 ft below DA/DDA, no less than 50' AGL.
Max Continuous EGT
Starter Duty Cycle
- NG Normal Start:
- 2 minutes ON, 10 seconds OFF between start attempts
- CL Normal Start:
- 2 minutes ON, 20 seconds OFF.
- 2 minutes ON, 3 minutes OFF before next and each subsequent attempt.
Minimum Engine Oil Quantity
- Flights less than 2 hours:
- NG - 60%, CL - 2 gallons
- Flights 2 hours or more:
- NG - 60%, CL - 2.5 gallons
- Flights departing a MTX station:
- NG - 70%
- CL - 3 gallons
Captain must arrange for engine oil servicing when terminating at a non-maintenance base with:
- NG - less than 65%
- CL - less than 2.5 gallons
APU Start Limitations
Wait 90 seconds prior to a second start attempt. Allow 5 minutes cooling before a third attempt. Do not attempt a fourth start.
Wait at least 20 seconds after APU shutdown prior to turning the battery switch OFF.
The APU should the operated for one minute before being used as a bleed source.
CL: The APU BLEED switch should be off for at least 2 minutes before APU shutdown.
RSVM max allowable inflight difference between Captain and FO altimeters.
Do not use LNAV if the message -
"UNABLE REQD NAV PERF-RNP" is active.
When can VNAV be engaged for takeoff, initial climb, or missed approach?
When flap retraction is complete.
VNAV use during the final approach segment is only allowed on RNAV approaches.
CL: Two operable CDUs are required for VNAV.
Fuel Tank Quantities
- NG Mains: 8,600 lb Center: 28,800 lb
- CL: Mains: 10,000 lb Center: 15,500 lb
Minimum fuel for the ground operation of electric hydraulic pumps is?
1675 lbs in the respective wing tank.
Max Speed for Landing Gear
When must Auto-Brakes be used?
- 1. On any runway that is not DRY
- 2. If the reported visibility is less than 4000 RVR or 3/4 miles
- 3. Landing with less than flaps 30 (single engine or abnormal configuration)
When is a flaps 40 landing recommended?
- 1. Negative [bracketed] OPC stopping margin under MIN (2) for flaps 30
- 2. Reported braking action less than GOOD
- 3. Weather at or near minimums for the approach being flown
What is MAX cabin differential for T.O. and landing?
What is normal AC frequency?
400 cps (+/- 10)
What is normal battery voltage range?
23 - 30 volts
What is max crosswind component for landing with less than 4000 RVR or 3/4 mile?
What is max crosswind component for landing with braking action reported as POOR?
What is normal AC voltage output?
115 volts (+/- 5)
Regarding takeoff and landing with an inoperative thrust reverser?
- Takeoff and landing is not authorized if either thrust reverser is inoperative:
- AND the runway is contaminated with clutter
- OR the breaking action is less than good
What is the safety relief differential pressure?
Runway Contamination (Clutter) Limitations
On the runway: Takeoff / Landing
Water or slush
- Water or slush 1/2 inch / 1 inch
- Wet snow 1 inch / 2 inches
- Dry snow 4 inches / 6 inches
For the -700 and CL, the maximum brake temp for turnaround is?
For the -800, carbon brakes are limited to a fixed time of ____ minutes for ground turnaround if the maximum quick turnaround weight is exceeded.