Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name the five functions that require licensure of a manager or a management firm in a community association, if receiving compensation.
- Controlling or disbursing funds of a community association.
- Preparing budgets or other financial documents for a community association.
- Assisting in noticing or conducting community association meetings.
- Coordinating maintenance for a residential community association.
- Performing other day to day services involved with the operation of a community association.
What is the definition of a community association management firm?
If an association has ___ units or a budget of _____ and pays a manager or management firm, the manager and/or management firm must be licensed
Name four exceptions to the licensure requirement.
- FL law does not require an association to hire a manager.
- Officers or Board can "self-manage" regardless of size.
- Volunteers do not need to be licensed.
- Association can compensate director/officer for duties unrelated to position as long as not prohibited by legal documents.
- Person performing CAM responsibilities under direct supervision of a CAM need not be licensed.
List the requirements and actions necessary to become a licensed CAM.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Have good moral character.
- Complete a state approved pre-licensing course within 12 months prior to the date of examination.
- Provide electronic fingerprints prior to submitting application to DBPR.
- Send in completed application form.
- Successfully complete the application process and background investigation and be approved to take the state exam.
- Pass a state multiple guess exam with 75% grade or better.
For what reasons might an individual be denied a CAM license? And a management firm?
Having provided management services requiring licensure without requisite license.
Licensure period for a CAM is ____? For Management firm is ____?
2 year term beginning October 1st of even number years ending September 30 of odd numbered years.
A CAM must meet what educational requirements to qualify for renewal of his license.
- 4 hours of Legal Update seminars
- - 2 hour Legal Update seminar each year of the biennial renewal period.
- 4 hours of Insurance & Financial Management
- 4 hours of Operation of Community Physical Property
- 4 hours of Human Resources.
- 4 hours Any area approved by DBPR
What does the state examination test and what are the approximate percentages for each?
Licensure status categories include:
Define five standards of professional conduct that are automatically considered to be incorporated into any agreement for CAM services.
What is the procedure when an individual has a complaint about a CAM or Firm?
List five reasons a CAM or management firm might be disciplined.
Provide 7 responsibilities of the DBPR in regulating CAM and Firms
Describe the composition of the Regulatory Council of CAM.
Identify 7 responsibilities of the RCCAM.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview