intramembrananous ossification - process
1. Mesenchymal cells condense into a vascularized sheet of cells, and differentiate into osteoblasts.
2. osteoblast begin secreting and calcifying osteoid
3. Some osteoblasts become completely surrounded by osteoid, and differentiate into osteocytes. This process produces islands of woven bone.
4. Trabecular bone forms, a rudimentary periosteum forms from mesenchyme, blood vessels grow into bone islands.
5. Woven bone is remodeled to compact bone around the periphery to create inner, outer circumferential lamellae, which are represented by the outer and inner tables