The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- May use If Without fault
- Confronted with unlawful
- Threatened with imminent
- death or great bodily harm.
Force Fleeing Felon
- May use to apprehend fleeing felon
- If felon threatens death or
- serious harm
- And deadly force necessary to
- prevent escape.
of Aggressor to Self-Defense
- If effectively withdraws from the confrontation and
- communicates desire to do so; or
- The victim suddenly escalates
- minor fight into deadly altercation and aggressor has no chance to
- Unlawful application of force
- Resulting in bodily injury or
- offensive touching
- Attempt to commit battery; or
- Intentional creation of a
- reasonable apprehension
Of imminent bodily harm
- Unlawful killing of another with malice aforethought
- Malice aforethought exists
Intent to kill
- Intent to inflict great
- bodily injury
- Reckless indifference to
- unjustifiably high risk to human life
- Provocation would arouse sudden and intense passion in
- ordinary person.
D was in fact provoked
- Not sufficient time to cool
D in fact did not cool off.
- Any death caused in the commission of, or attempt to
- commit, an inherently dangerous felony.
- burglary, arson, robbery, rape, and
defendant guilty of the underlying felony,
felony distinct from the killing itself,
- death was foreseeable result
- of the felony