Test 4 Ch23
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- >maintain blood volume
- >absorb excess fluid from tissues
- >return fluid to subclavian vein
- >fight infections
- >destroy pathogens
- >produce lymphocytes
- >produce antibodies
Excess tissue fluid forms from...
Tissue fluid absorbed into lymph capillaries
- absorb excess fluid from interstitial spaces
- also absorb bacteria, virus, other cells (if present)
Features of lymph capillaries...
- very permeable endothelium
- one way flaps (fluid only flows in)
- lymph capillareis in small intestine
- absorb lipids
- returns lymph to left subclavian veins
- collects all lymph except right upper quadrant
collects from lower extremities, abdomen
Right lymphatic duct
- returns lymph to right subclavian vein
- collects lymph from right upper quadrant
- collection of lymphoid cells
- destroy pathogens
- filter lymph before return to blood
afferent lymphatic vessels
efferent lymphatic vessels
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview