Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Give a definition of ecology
Study of distribution and abundance of organisms and the changes through time
What is distribution? Why do ecologists look at the dynmaics of distribution?
- Distribution show where species are located
- - climate change
- - deforestation
- - diseases
- - extent of invasive species
What is abundance? Why do ecologists look at the dynmaics of abundance?
- How many organisms there are.
- - extinctions
- - changes in populations of exploited species
- - determine if species are out of equilibrium
What is density?
How many organisms per unit
What is dispersion? (three classifications)
- * ** *
- ** **
- * * * *
What is demography?
- Age, sex and size structures of communities.
- Important for predictions of future generations.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview