Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
She bargained for over an hour, finally reducing the price by half.
- goods i stock
- an itemized record(list) of these goods
gauge (v) /geid3/
to make a judgement about something (people's feelings or attitudes) 判断する、推測する
to measure something accuately using a special instrument 測る
A customer called the company to dispute the no return policy.
- argue about
- disagree with
adequate (adj) /aedikw∂t/
enough in quantity/ good enough in quality for a particular purpose or need
- to establish or apply as compulsory
- to force upon others
1) What prompted him to commit suicide?
2) His proposal will prompt discussion later.
- 1) 駆り立てる、～するよう促す
- 2) 引き起こす、誘発する
- -a divergence
- -a disagreement
- -a difference b/w two or more things that should be the same.
- -tiresome by reason of length, slowness, or dullness
- -a person whose job is to receive and pay out money in a bank.
mortgage (n) (v)
- - a legal agreement by which a bank lend you money to buy a house, and you pay the money back over a particular number of years. 住宅ローン
- -to borrow money with your house as collateral. 抵当に入れる
safe deposit box vault
audit (n) (v)
- -a formal examination of financial records 会計検査
- -to examine the financial records of a company会計検査をする
The accountant found an error when she reconciled the account.
- to make consistent
1) We have had a low turnover of inventory this month and didn't bring in much money.
2) Because of our high employee turnover we actually spend less money on salaries.
- 1) the number of times a product is sold and replaced 商品の回転率
- 2) an employee leaves and another employee is hired 労働移動率、離職率
- -to make a judgement about the nature or quality of sb/sth.
- -to calculate the amount or value of sth.
It is a good idea to commit a certain percentage of your income to investments.
- to consign for future use
He pulled out of the company and took all of his money with him.
- -to stop participating
- -to move away from sth or stop being involved in it
the amount by which money spent or owed is greater than money earned in a particular period of time. (↔surplus)
lobby, anteroom, waiting room
- weak and easily hurt (physically or emotionally)
open to... ～を受けやすい
scrutiny (n) /skru:t∂ni/
- -careful and thorough examination 綿密な調査
- -watch 監視
- to interfee
- to prevent sb from easily doing or achieving sth
- to obey a rule/ law
- to match specifications/ qualities
- able to see or understand
- - to drive/ push/ keep sth away
- - to fight against
- made or done badly and with not enough care
- in the same way
The young man felt ready to assume the new responsibilities of the product.
- to take upon oneself
to ask sb a lot of questions over a long period of time, especially in an aggressive way. 尋問する、取り調べする
- very strange or unusual
- to dwell, to live
elegance/ beauty/ grace
to become one's responsibility
[The task of preparing the meal fell to the assistant chef when the chief chef was ill.]
jauty (adj) /d3⊃:nti/
goods that are transported by ships/ planes/ trains/ trucks.
We settled the bill with the cashier.
- to make compensation for
- to pay
a student worker in a chosen field
relating to the kitchen or cooking
- to unite one thing with something else already in existence.
a flowing in
a way of expressing or making good use of strong feelings/ ideas/ energy.
- to let go
- to surrender
- to give up sth
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview