The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
DSM-IV diagnostic and statistical manual
affect- moment to moment psychomotor activity- facial expressions, voice intonation
parts of though process
gross impairments in abiliy to asess reality
psychotic disorder types
- brief psychotic
- psychosis and inability to think logically
- present for at least 6 months
- positive/negative symptons( lack of motivation, withdrawl)
- depression (1:2 male/female ratio)
- 15% suicide
- treatment blocks reabsorption of serotonin
elevaed euphoric, hyper sex, aggresive
- manic/depressive episodes
lithium, valproic acid
hypomanic and depressive cycle
worry that is difficult to control, sleep disturbance, motor tension, restlessness,
1;2 ratio female, SSRIs, panic attacks
treat with desensitization, flooding, or SSRIs. 9% of pop
- Following life threatening events.
- Symptoms last for over a month.
- Triad( trauma, avodiance, hyperbigilance)
somatoform- mental characterized by physical. Not explained by medical condition.
Somatization, conversion, pain, hypochondria, ody dysmorhoic, malingerin, facticious
pain, mostly in women, GI
paralysis, sensory, seizure like
significant pain by psychological factos
fear based on individual interpretation of signs, NOT of delusional intensity byt lasts for at least 6 months
1:1 male female
Intentional prodution of symptoms to be sick; more commmon in men
Intentional producion of symptoms or external incentive
- anorexia nervosa
- NOT obesity
- 1:10 male female
- binge eating and purging, individual is normal or slightly overweight.
- 1:9 male female
Simpulse control disorders
individual feels enjpymnet or satisfaction while committing acts harmful to oneself or others. NOT hallucinations or delusions
stable pattern of unusal or infelxible traits that leads to functional impairment of distress, deviant maladaptive
personality disorders affect many areas
- ClusterA- perticular thought process
- B- mood affect"wild"
- C- worried, anxiety
paranoid or schizoid, detached, discomfort with social
borderline personality, narcissistic, antosocial disregard others rights
avoidant personality, OCD, inadequecy
Substance abuse vs dependence. Dependence involces tolerance, withdrawl or compulsve use.
- 9:1 male female.
- Tria d of inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity,
- onset before age 7
aggression, 9:1 male female. Punichsment and incarceration not proven to be helpful
1:1, school age children, arguments, temper outbursts, vindictiveness, defiant attitudes twrds adults
- 5150- 72 hour
- 5250- 14 day
- danger to self and others